Climate change poses unprecedented and increasingly urgent environmental, social and financial risks. South Africa has ratified the Paris Agreement, and many parts of the country are already experiencing climate change-related challenges.
Join Fiona Wild, Vice President, Climate Change and Sustainability at BHP, and a member of the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures, local business leaders and institutional investors, to discuss the risks and opportunities that climate change poses to the South African economy, and the role of business in mitigating and adapting to those risks.
10h00 Address by Fiona Wild, VP Climate Change & Sustainability, BHP
10h35 Panellist introductions and responses
11h15 Panel discussion
11h45 Questions from the floor
12h20 Closing comments from Just Share
The panellists for the event are:
- Fiona Wild: Vice President, Climate Change & Sustainability, BHP
- Johan Thyse: Vice President, Group Regulatory Services, Sasol Limited
- Thulasizwe Mbele: Head, Strategy, Business Leadership SA
- Abel Sakhau: Manager, Environment & Climate Change, Exxaro
- Joanne Henstock: Executive Director, Governance, Integrated Reporting & Sustainability, EY South Africa
- Janse Rabie: Head, Natural Resources, AgriSA
- Tracey Davies: Executive Director, Just Share