Director: Climate Change Engagement
Responsible investment internship
The closing date for applications has passed and this position is now closed.
Just Share NPC is a non-profit shareholder activism and responsible investment organisation. We promote investor power for a fairer South Africa. Just Share uses advocacy, engagement and activism to drive better leadership by the stewards of South Africa’s private capital. Our work focuses on three key ESG issues, and the intersection between them: inequality, climate change and diversity & transformation.
We are looking for a dynamic, confident recent graduate with a finance / economics background, and a keen interest in stakeholder capitalism and the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into investment decision-making.
This is a rare opportunity to gain experience at the cutting edge of social justice-oriented shareholder activism and to interact with civil society organisations driving positive change in South Africa.
Just Share strives to reflect South Africa’s racial, cultural and gender diversity within its staff complement. Candidates from historically disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Finance / economics degree
- Appreciation of the complexity of South Africa’s socio-economic environment
- Research and data analysis skills
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- South African citizen
- Research and analysis of company reports and financial data
- Tracking and assessing global developments in responsible investment and shareholder activism, including ESG reporting mechanisms
- Assisting with investor and company engagement
- Assisting with the planning of Just Share events
- General support to the Just Share team
Based at Just Share’s offices in Kenilworth, Cape Town
The successful candidate will be paid a stipend of R13 600 per month (cost to company)
The duration of the internship is 11 months, with the start date as soon as possible and no later than 1 March 2020
How to apply
Please send the following documents – by no later than COB Thursday 20 February 2020 – to [email protected], with the email subject line “JS1/2020: Responsible investment internship”:
- Certified copy of degree certificate/s
- Certified copy of identity document
- Formal letter motivating why you would like to do this internship
- One recent written reference