With the pace of digital innovations accelerating ever faster, investors need to start thinking – if they haven’t already – how to reshape their businesses to thrive amid digital transformation. At the same time, digital transformation brings up questions of an ethical nature.
How will we ensure, for example, that the bounties of technology will be shared by many, not just a few? What impact will technology have on the environment and society as a whole?
Responsible investors need to build environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into the core of their businesses for the good of all – while considering the role fintech and robo-technology can play to enhance client experiences and improve savings and retirement outcomes. Speaking of retirement, can umbrella funds help secure a strong financial future for investors, and how do you choose the appropriate one?
At the heart of the matter lies the question of leadership. Transformation – digital, behavioural and societal – cannot occur without sound leadership from business and the government alike. How can we foster leadership that’s geared for sustainable growth and prosperity for all?
Programme for the morning:
08h30 – 08h45 Welcome by MC, Alishia Seckam, Lukanyo Mnyanda – Editor, Business Day and Quaniet Richards – Head of Institutional Business, Nedgroup Investments
08h45 – 09h30 Panel 1: Government & Business Leadership – Forging ahead together
Moderator: Alishia Seckam
- Edward Kieswetter, Commissioner of SA Revenue Service (SARS)
- Karima Brown, TV Anchor and Veteran Journalist
- Mark Barnes, Former CEO, SA Post Office
- Malungelo Zilimbola, Chief Investment Officer, Mazi Capital
09h30 – 10h15 Panel 2: Responsible Investing – For the good of all
Moderator: Robin Johnson, Head of Investments, Nedgroup Investments
- Ndabe Mkhize, Chief Investment Officer, Eskom Pension and Provident Fund
- David Levinson, RI specialist, Nedgroup Investments
- Tracey Davies, Executive Director, Just Share
10h30 – 11h15 Panel 3: Digital Transformation and Fintech
Moderator: Andile Khumalo
- Dr Pravesh Ranchod, RAILab
- Johan Bosini, Partner, Quona Capital
- Quaniet Richards, Head of Institutional Business, Nedgroup Investments
11h15 – 12h00 Panel 4: Umbrella Funds – Unpacking retirement fund reform
Moderator: Andile Khumalo
- Hein Klee, Managing Director, NMG Consultants & Actuaries
- Guy Chennels, Head of Research and Development Umbrella Funds, Discovery Invest
- Michelle Acton, Principal Consultant, Old Mutual
12h00 – 12h30 Closing by MC, networking and canape lunch