Applications close: 22 February 2021
Creating a more just and inclusive economy
Just Share is a non-profit shareholder activism organisation. We believe that responsible investment is necessary to create a just, inclusive and sustainable economy.
We use research, engagement, advocacy and activism to drive urgent action to combat climate change and reduce inequality.
Our work exposes systemic discrimination, and entrenched barriers to sustainable corporate behaviour. We hold companies and institutional investors accountable for the gap between their commitments and their actions.
We are looking for a recent graduate with a finance background, who is keen to use their skills and qualifications to contribute to building a better society.
This is a rare opportunity to gain experience at the cutting edge of social justice-oriented shareholder activism. The successful candidate will interact and collaborate with civil society organisations driving positive change in South Africa, and with shareholder activism organisations around the world.
Just Share strives to reflect South Africa’s racial, cultural and gender diversity within its staff complement. Candidates from historically disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Finance-related degree
- Understanding of and interest in the complexity of South Africa’s socio-economic environment
- Research and data analysis skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- South African citizen
- Research and analysis of company reports and financial data
- Tracking and assessing global developments in responsible investment and shareholder activism, including environmental, social and governance (ESG)-reporting mechanisms
- Assisting with investor and company engagement, including attending Annual General Meetings (AGMs), and researching for and preparing AGM questions
- General support to the Just Share team
Based at Just Share’s offices in Kenilworth, Cape Town, and involving work from home when necessitated by Coronavirus-related restrictions.
This is a 12 month contract, starting as soon as possible.
R175 000 per annum cost to company.
How to apply
This internship placement is being managed by The Knowledge Trust. Please apply here.