Ensure your investments aren’t contributing to inequality
We’re hiring: Responsible Investment Researcher
Applications close: 6 August 2018
Interested in corporate SA’s role in our society?
Believe investors can drive positive change?
Join our team and help shape and grow an exciting new organisation!
We’re looking for a Responsible Investment Researcher to join our small but growing team:
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification (financial or legal background helpful, but not essential)
- At least 3 years of post-tertiary qualification work experience
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Commitment to social & environmental justice
- Organised & thoughtful
- Responsible investment & shareholder activism;
- Key ESG issues facing companies operating in South Africa;
- Corporate governance, disclosure and reporting requirements.
- Independent research and analysis of ESG issues impacting South Africa
- Assimilating developments (including regulatory developments) in the fast-paced fields of responsible investment and shareholder activism, both locally & internationally
- Research & preparation of investor briefings, case notes and media releases
- Research & preparation of shareholder resolutions and AGM questions
Our offices are in Cape Town, but we will consider applications from candidates based elsewhere in South Africa, if suitable remote working arrangements can be made.
Will be based on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Just Share will consider appointing more than one part-time researcher to this role.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and telling us in no more than 500 words why you think you are right for this role.
Preference will be given to appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged candidates, in accordance with Just Share’s commitment to employment equity.
PIC failing to provide leadership for corporate sector
Investing in inequality
We have a problem. Let’s talk about it.
We’re recruiting: Non-Executive Directors
BlackRock urged to close gap between rhetoric and real climate action
Save the Date – Investment for Inclusion Forum
Fair and responsible executive remuneration: Just Share’s submissions on the 2018 Companies Amendment Bill
Sasol: the City on the Hill
Diversity, fair remuneration and climate change: Just Share’s response to the JSE Consultation Paper