Based in Cape Town
Applications close: 10 June 2019
Just Share NPC is a non-profit shareholder activism and responsible investment organisation. We promote investor power for a fairer South Africa. Just Share uses advocacy, engagement and activism to support active ownership and responsible investment to drive good corporate citizenship by South African listed companies. Our work focuses on three key ESG issues, and the intersection between them: inequality, climate change and diversity & transformation.
We are looking for a dynamic, confident and passionate person to support our engagement with professionals in the pensions and investment industries, and with regulators and policy-makers.
- Business / finance / law degree.
- South African citizen.
- At least 5 years of post-qualification professional experience.
- Solid understanding of responsible investment, shareholder activism, and the pensions and investment industries.
- Passion for understanding and addressing South Africa’s social & economic injustices.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Public speaking skills (experience in dealing with the media would be an advantage).
- Ability to engage proactively and confidently with a wide variety of stakeholders in the private & public sectors.
- Experience of conducting research & writing reports to a high standard.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, and to manage unpredictable situations.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Supporting engagement with & outreach to investors, regulators and policy-makers in relation to Just Share’s advocacy and activism.
- Partnership-building and networking to maximise impact.
- Supporting research and analysis of key South African ESG issues & implementation of responsible investment policies and commitments.
- Assimilating global developments in responsible investment and shareholder activism.
- Writing reports, investor briefings and shareholder resolutions.
- Supporting strategic communications strategy.
- Helping to maintain database of results and analysis.
- Reporting to funders on progress and impact of projects.
Just Share strives to reflect South Africa’s racial, cultural and gender diversity within its staff complement. Candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send the following documents to [email protected], with the email subject line “JS3/2019: Shareholder engagement coordinator”:
- A copy of your CV
- A cover letter setting out your skills and relevant experience, as well as why you want to work at Just Share; and
- One recent written reference.